There is virtually no business that can survive without having to use technology. The internet offers growth opportunities for businesses of all sizes. Sadly, there are malicious hackers lurking around on the internet looking for firms that they can attack for their own selfish purposes. As a business owner, you can protect your firm and ensure that your corporate data is secure. One of the fool-proof ways to achieve this is by partnering with an IT services provider in Atlanta that specializes in offering cyber security services.
Types of Internet Security Threats
- Computer virus - This is a small piece of malicious software that can spread from one computer to another where it steals, corrupts or deletes data.
- Trojan horse - A Trojan horse can gain access to your computer through free software that is downloaded over the internet. This malicious software is normally bundled together with the free app, making it difficult to discover it. Once it is in your computer system, the malicious software can record your passwords and monitor all your movement by hacking your webcam.
- Computer worm - This is a computer program that can copy itself without any human interactions. This malicious program can replicate itself and send copies of itself through email to all your contacts.
- Phishing attacks - These are malicious emails sent by hackers to obtain private information from unsuspecting victims. Hackers design their emails to appear as if they are originating from trusted sources.
As seen above, there are many malicious software programs that can infect your company's computers from the internet. To protect your business from these security threats, it is highly advisable that you consult with a trusted managed IT services provider in Atlanta on how you can implement the following cyber security essentials.
Must-Have Cyber Security Essentials for Your Business for 2018
Here are some of the cyber security essentials that any managed IT security provider in Atlanta should advise you to adhere to:
- Incorporate cyber security into your corporate culture. You need to make sure that your employees are trained on how to avoid digital and physical risks.
- Come up with a robust cyber security strategy that will assign responsibility to different employees with regards to responding to a breach or a cyberattack.
- Update your software regularly. Software vendors often release updates aimed at fixing bugs and loopholes in previous versions of the software. By upgrading, updating and patching your software, you will, in effect, ensure that your firm is protected from any attacks.
- Have a strong and impenetrable firewall. This will keep malicious hackers at bay and secure your data.
- Formulate a strict BYOD strategy. If you allow your employees to access your network through their smartphones and other personally owned gadgets, make sure that they do not open a backdoor for hackers.
You don't have to wait for your firm to be attacked in order for you to implement the cyber security essentials listed above. At MIS Solutions, Inc., we are a skilled IT services provider in Atlanta that specializes in helping businesses avoid being exposed to cyberattacks. Contact us today to learn more.