Finding the right IT managed service provider for your business is one of the most fundamental parts of growing your business and managing your risk. Before you select an IT provider, it is important to know what you’re getting. After all, they are managing your business’s sensitive information and data. Our team put together 5 key questions to ask when selecting an IT managed service provider.
1. Do they answer their phones live or do you always have to leave a voicemail and wait for someone to call you back?
Your time is valuable therefore we answer our phones live from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. We also provide clients with a 24/7/265 emergency hotline, so our support team can be available anytime you have a technology issue. Test it out now, give us a call at – 770-796-4091.
2. Do they offer a written, guaranteed response time to your calls for critical issues?
Again, your time is valuable. Imagine if you had an IT specialist who guaranteed they’d be working on your critical problem within 30 minutes or less of your call. That’s our guarantee – we will write you a check if we don’t meet this standard.
3. Do they take the time to explain what they are doing and answer your questions in terms that you can understand (not geek-speak), or do they come across as arrogant and make you feel stupid for asking simple questions?
No question is a dumb question, especially when it comes to cybersecurity! Our team of IT Specialists takes our lead core value seriously and prioritizes teaching each of our clients through practical analogies and examples. Customer experience is extremely important throughout the entire IT journey, so ensuring that your business is set up for success is essential.
4. Do they consistently (and proactively) offer new ways to improve your network’s performance, or do they wait until you have a problem to make recommendations?
Keeping a close eye on your network’s performance is important to the overall health of your business and technology. Does your IT provider conduct regular review calls and periodic customer-facing meetings? If not, it’s essential to ensure that you have an IT provider who will consistently work closely with you to develop an IT roadmap and help maximize your business’s growth and profitability. Through regular IT alignment conversations, your provider can help you with the following:
- Lowering costs
- Reducing risks
- Improving your security posture
- Increasing efficiencies
- Offering productivity tips
- Heading off any potential problems that may arise
5. Do they provide detailed invoices that clearly explain what you are paying for?
Clarity is key when it comes to working with your IT provider. Make sure that you have a provider that gives you a detailed invoice that shows you what work was done, when it was done and why it was done, so you don’t have to guess what you’re paying for. Our finance and account management teams scrutinize invoices for accuracy before they are sent over to our clients. We never want to catch our clients off guard with unexpected surprises in their monthly invoice.
For more information on how to choose the right IT service provider, click here.
Do you need to reevaluate your IT service provider? Are they not answering one or more of these questions? If so, we would love to help you! Give us a call at 678-841-7496 or reach out to us here.