Information security is an important element of any information technology system. IT security is what ensures that your IT infrastructure is kept safe, free from any vulnerabilities. Security might be an invisible attribute, but that does not mean that you should forget about it. There are some components and processes within IT security that can be executed by an in-house IT team; however, it is advisable to partner with IT services experts in Atlanta to conduct a periodic security assessment and advise you on the way forward.
Why Should You Conduct Periodic Security Assessment?
According to managed security experts in Atlanta, businesses operating in different industries have different reasons why they need to undertake periodic security assessments. Here are some of the main reasons:
- To comply with government regulations - Regulations such as PCI, HIPAA, and FISMA dictate how secure a firm should keep the data they have in their possession. A failure to comply with these requirements can lead to some hefty penalties.
- To find out if your IT network has been compromised - There are some attacks that go unnoticed for a long time unless you commission IT services experts in Atlanta to do a deep scan of your network.
- To stay updated on the latest developments in the field of IT security - Working with a professional MSP that specializes in internet security will help you to understand the latest development. Such an expert is always updated with the latest tricks being used by hackers and can use this knowledge to protect your firm.
- To ensure that your staff remains vigilant on security-related issues - A periodic assessment will reveal whether your staff is adhering to your firm’s IT security protocol or not. This will help in preventing opening up of your system to future attacks and will also prove to your clients that IT security is an important aspect of your operations.
What can you do to show your commitment to IT security?
- Evaluate and block all potential paths of attack
- Patch and update all software in a timely manner
- Access how your network is defended
- Update your network infrastructure to match that of your peers
- Establish and implement a strong password policy
For a detailed and thorough periodic IT security assessment, get in touch with us at MIS Solutions, Inc. We are the IT services experts in Atlanta that specialize in helping small to medium businesses (SMBs) stay safe online. Contact us now and we will guide you on how to go about your next periodic IT security assessment.