If you run a legal service, you can greatly benefit from outsourcing to an IT services provider in Atlanta that is familiar with government privacy requirements. Law firms, as well as healthcare organizations and insurance agencies, must pay close attention to HIPAA regulations, or else they face drastic fines. Here's an overview of how an IT service provider can help protect such businesses:
Storing Critical Data
Any organization that has a database connected to the internet must take cybersecurity very seriously, especially if that database if full of confidential client data. The era of relying on antivirus software is long gone although it can still help as one of many layers to block out intruders. In this brave new world of businesses vs. hackers, it's important to make it as difficult as possible for cybercriminals to penetrate your system.
Various Data Protection Methods
The key to protecting critical data is to build as many walls around your database as possible. Cybercriminals continue to learn how to crack sophisticated systems, but they tend to get frustrated and give up if it takes too long to penetrate a series of barriers. Some of the most robust data protection solutions include:
- Virtual servers, allowing multiple segmented servers on one platform
- Software and hardware firewalls
- Training employees to beware of email phishing scams
- Complex passwords and encryption
- 24/7 monitoring software
Proactive IT Work
Your law firm needs an IT services provider in Atlanta that is aware of your business model and goals and can lead you in the proper direction. By providing tech solutions, tech consultants can help you win long-term clients, which helps build reputations for reliability and trust.
Tech consultants also take proactive measures to prevent future disasters. Here are some of the ways they can help prevent cyber attacks and overcome system failures:
- Regularly back up data to multiple servers
- Test files and applications for bugs
- Make sure digital assets can be accessed at all times
- Develop a disaster recovery plan
- Always be on the lookout for suspicious activity
- Conduct an infrastructure audit to find vulnerabilities
- Regularly update software
- Keep up with the latest cybersecurity solutions
Make sure that your confidential information is well protected and that you have an IT services provider in Atlanta that is very knowledgeable about HIPAA requirements. Contact us at MIS Solutions, Inc. to learn more about cybersecurity so that you can concentrate on serving your clients while we make sure that your digital technology is safe.