Support Desk Specialist
Location: MIS Solutions, Suwanee, GA
MIS Solutions, Inc., is a high-growth, entrepreneurial, Managed Services Provider. We offer unparalleled opportunities to advance your career and join a team of friendly, high energy professionals who love what they do!
We are seeking a Support Desk Specialist who will provide phone and remote technical support to clients in an efficient, effective, and accurate manner. They will work with the support operations team and provide support delivery to clients. The goal for this position is to make sure that the customer’s value is maintained to the standards set by the company.
Essentials Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide “front-line” desk and queue support to clients to solve technical issues
- Support wide range of client end users with varying levels of technical understanding and knowledge
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to the next level of support as needed
- Maintain communication with clients to ensure proper follow up on issues through to resolution
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers and team members to further enhance customer experience and MIS Solutions customer focus
- Administrative tasks such as ensuring proper recording, documentation and closure of work tickets including time entries
- Preserve and grow knowledge of support procedures, products and services
- Recommend procedure modifications or improvements
- Utilize excellent customer service skills and exceed customer expectations
- Maintain company provided-tools and test equipment and ensure proper calibration and working order
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in on-call/after-hours support rotation which can include weekends
- Participate in strategy and consulting meetings on technical matters – internal and external – for company and client interests
- 2+ years of experience working in an MSP/CSP environment in providing support desk services
- B.S. / A.S. degree in related field is preferred, but not required
- CompTIA A+ certification - required
- Security+, CCNA/Network+ - preferred
- Advanced broad range technical troubleshooting and issue resolution skills and experience
- Technical knowledge of the following: PC hardware, Macs, printers, scanners, computer peripherals, mobile devices, servers, Windows PC OS and Server OS, Mac OS
- Knowledge of and experience with terminal server environments, networking, LAN, WAN, UTMs, VoIP systems
- Ability to communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of users
- Customer-service orientation
- Demonstrated success with multi-tasking and the ability to adapt to ever-changing environment while maintaining a clear focus on all priorities
- Experience working in a fast-paced, friendly and team-orientated environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organization skills and acute attention to detail
- Passionate about working with people to solve problems and learn new things
- Dependable, reliable, personal vehicle
Why Work With Us?
- We provide products and services that are genuinely good for our clients. Our services simplify managing computer technology for our clients. By working with us, our clients report less stress, increased productivity and greater security of their computer network and technology. We take great pride in providing extreme value for money, excellent customer responsiveness and service and all of our services are backed by a no-hassle, pay-for-performance, money-back guarantee.
- We aggressively market and communicate our products and services to retain and attract new clients. We also have excellent name recognition in our industry, an abundance of client testimonials and clients that simply follow our recommendations.
- We believe in training. We’ll coach you to make sure you succeed and we have an extensive list of training resources and tools to make your work effective and efficient.
- We genuinely CARE about our clients and the results they get. If you enjoy working for a company that actually “gets it” and takes care of their customers AND their employees, you’ll love working here.
- Mediocrity is NOT an option. Those who are true professionals at the top of their game will love working in an environment where high standards are expected. Whiners, complainers, drama queens and those with an “entitlement” attitude should not apply.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company-paid Life/AD&D
- Performance-based service metrics
- Paid holidays
- One week + 2 personal days PTO first year, expanded plan after that
- Career advancement opportunities and career planning/certifications
- Incentive Plan for Employee and Client Referrals
- Technical certification & leadership training
If you want to be part of a fast-paced, dynamic team that knows how to have fun while getting IT done, then this is the place for you!
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org