Technology is an integral part of almost every aspect of business today. Everything from Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) phones to the Internet of Things (IoT) is included in business technology along with more traditional items like PCs, laptops, and printers. To keep up with this ever-increasing list of technology, it is important to integrate IT services in Orange County into almost every aspect of your budgeting.
Why Make IT a Budget Priority
How does IT align with your company's business objectives? Adopting the right IT services in Orange County will have a positive effect on your company for years to come. It will:
- Accelerate your company's growth in the direction you want it to go.
- Give your employees the tools they need for maximum productivity.
- Help your business overcome challenges as they come.
- Increase your day-to-day operational efficiency.
- Advance your ability to collaborate and communicate internally and externally.
How You Should Assess IT Needs in Your Budgeting
The first thing to do is throw out the concept that IT is merely about PCs and laptops. Technology touches every aspect of your business, so you need to assess each budget line for how IT impacts it and what the IT needs are for the next year. Here are a few things to get the thought processes running:
- Are you launching a new product in the coming year that requires a new distribution method?
- Are you moving to a new location or adding an annex office?
- Are you hiring new staff members that require new workstations and software?
- Are you thinking of moving to a cloud solution for all or part of your data storage and processing?
In addition, there are other aspects of business strongly impacted by IT that are often overlooked or short-changed during budgeting. It includes:
- Compliance with industry and government regulation requirements such as HIPAA and FINRA.
- Enhanced cybersecurity measures to counter the increasing threats from outside.
- Collaboration tools accessed via cloud services to promote easy access from anywhere.
- Advanced communication options that allow remote access to voicemail and call forwarding to phones around the world.
And on top of it all, you still need to keep up on the upgrades and replacements you need to do for more traditional IT components such as servers, PCs, laptops, firewalls, and network appliances. Don't forget your software licenses and subscription services.
Getting Ahead of Your IT Budgeting
Another aspect you should consider in your IT budget is how you are going to implement all your IT projects. A managed service provider (MSP) is the answer. Contact us now at MIS Solutions if you need IT services in Orange County.